Saturday, October 4, 2014

FACING THE SCALE


Stating the obvious . . . it has been a long time since my last post. I have been busy with school and getting ready to move. So, I fell off track when it comes to blogging and my weight loss plan. I finally felt motivated to post today after my weigh in this morning. Today, I faced the scale after not having weighed in for a month. I knew I would have a gain. I just didn’t know how much. This weigh in was definitely a reality check but it was important for me to find out where I stand so I know what to do moving forward. Here are my weigh in results.


WEIGH IN RESULTS 
10/04
Weight: 186.4
Change Since Last Week: +4.4
Total Weight Loss: -9

This past month has been full of sabotaging thoughts and negative emotions that clearly have me derailed. I have been under a lot of pressure to lose weight lately. My sister’s wedding is in a couple of weeks and I am the maid of honor. And, my wedding is coming up in May and I told myself I would be at my goal weight by then. I think my vain desire to look good at my sister’s wedding and my own wedding has me feeling insecure about my ability to lose weight. This post is not an invitation to a pity party, just a reflection on my negative thoughts so that I can talk back to them and move on.

Some of these negative thoughts include:
I’m gross
My family is judging me
I’m never going to lose the weight
I’m not going to feel pretty on my wedding day
Everyone can see that I’m overweight
I’m a failure
I won’t be truly happy until I’m thin

These are just some of the negative thoughts that have been plaguing me lately. When I think about them rationally I know that most of them are false. I only say most of them because my mother does judge me because of my weight but I don’t have to let it get to me. By sharing these distortions I am allowing myself to dispel each one and conquer them. Most of my difficulties at weight loss are mental. I know exactly what to do but I allow my thoughts to get in the way. I am sure this is true for a lot of people. Please feel free to share your sabotaging thoughts and how you talk back to them.

You can keep up with my weight loss journey by checking back each week and also following my weight tracker on the right hand side of the blog! Please share any thoughts or your own weight loss triumphs and struggles in the comments section below!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really good and super important that you *recognize* what those damaging and untrue thoughts are that you have running around in your head. That's when you can truly confront and dispel them, is when you're aware of them. Good for you! Even if you maybe aren't where you want to be concretely, your headspace is healthy and that's a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your family judges you it's them that have a problem, not you.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete